Jazz covers a huge area of dance including hip hop and street as well as lyrical jazz and musical theatre dance. Great fun, this style is energetic and dynamic and uses all the latest tunes as well as some old time classics.
- Age 5 + - Graded classes incorporating the ISTD Modern Syllabus where the emphasis is not just on fun, but, on the development of movement skills, confidence, fitness and self-esteem. Class length varies with age and standard.
- Vocational Training - The Vocational Training Scheme at Danscentre offers suitable students a more in depth-study of dance, helping to prepare for a future in dance, or dance related career. Examinations at vocational level are required to apply for further dance education at diploma and degree level. Entry into the vocational schemes is by invitation from p3 upwards.
- Boys - In addition to mixed classes offered as described above Danscentre also has boys only classes in Hip hop and Jazz. This gives the boys an opportunity to work on more physically challenging moves that require greater upper body strength and elevation!
- Teens - Teen Jazz classes combine fun and fitness with all the latest in street dance moves. All abilities welcome.
- Adults - Here is a dance style that will keep you fit and slender! A high-energy class, using chart and club sounds for all round body conditioning. Learn up to date dance moves and simple routines, whilst increasing stamina, strength and flexibility. Find out more
- Examinations - Danscentre offers examinations at graded and vocational levels in association with I.S.T.D. All students have the option of taking examinations and all classes incorporate both syllabus and free work, developing a wide and sound subject base. All examinations are accredited by the QCA, from NVQ level1 to level 4.